Palace of the Prince-Bishops. This palace is an exceptional architectural complex (courtyard, peristyle, 1525; main façade, 1734; West wing, 1849) occupied by the courthouse and the provincial government. Princebishop Erard de la Marck gave the current appearance to the palace in 1526. The building includes two courtyards, but only the first is accessible to people. The 60 columns surmounted by tents richly with fantasy human figures and grotesque masks each different, are a testimony of the humanist thought of the Renaissance and the discovery of the New World.